Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mid-study session freak-out

Whoa. (picture Keanu Reeves saying it) So I can't remember if I've mentioned it, but I've been spending a lot of time at school lately, an 8 hour day in the law building is short. Sure, I'm not productive 100% of the time, and I haven't been coming in on weekends, but this was supposed to be an easy semester, so its a lot. This week is more like 12 hour days of studying.
This is my study week, and next week I have 5 exams. My last five exams (ever, if I have anything to say about it, oh wait no nevermind, there is the bar, I'll probably be taking that) of law school. When I signed up for my classes I knew that 5 exams in 6 days would be a lot. But I figured that since they were mostly 2 credit classes and open book I'd be fine. (I'm still hoping that's true).
But right now I'm in panic mode. In high school I assumed that since a test was open note I'd be fine, so I studied less than I should've and ended up getting a D. Luckily it didn't weigh me down completely, and I ended up doing decently in the class. So I know that even though I'll have the materials with me, I still need to study.
However, I'm finding that a little slow going and its leading to an encroaching sense of panic. I can read as many code sections and reread my outlines and I have all the materials. But I'm just not feeling comfortable with the information. Like at all. Hence the panic.
Unfortunately this panic is making me want to eat cookies and watch Sports Night on Netflix and not study harder.
Sigh, I should get back to learning ERISA, or at least familiarizing myself with it. Bleck.

PS. I wrote this post two hours ago, and in that time I've calmed down, studied a lot, and feel a lot better about my ERISA exam and by extension the other ones. Isn't it remarkable how helpful/calming having a freak-out can be? Also, studying helps :p

No comments:

Post a Comment