Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chocolate Confections

Do you ever have a craving for chocolate that just will not be satisfied?
And especially will not be satisfied by some wimpy candy bar from the corner store?

I do.
Wondering what to get me to tell me how much you adore me? Buy me chocolate.
 
Salted Caramels from Burdicks, YUM!
I had a salted caramel from Burdicks last weekend and I was in a little bit of heaven. The best part, I think, about gourmet chocolate is that you don't need a lot to satisfy. They are frequently so rich and flavorful that you don't need to eat a milky-way's worth to satisfy that chocolate craving.

And in the category of gourmet chocolates my favorite is gourmet chocolate caramels (writing this blog post is torture, because if I didn't want these before, I certainly want them now!)

A recent-to-me discovery was Vosges, sometimes they sell them at Whole Foods, sometimes in specialty chocolate stores, but they also sell them online on their magical wonderful delayed gratification website.
Caramel Marshmellow
My favorite treat at Vosges is the Caramel Marshmallows. Which combines everything good in the world: chocolate, caramel, toffee, and marshmallows. Unfortunately they are kinda expensive for how many I want to eat. :(
But they are sooooooo good, I think it is worth the price.

I want to try the Spice and Salt Exotic Caramel Creations from Vosges too, because I assume I'll love them. I just have to save up the money to buy them for myself/think up a suitable occasion to purchase them for.

Chocolate Caramel Toffee's with Salt? I die.
I even more recently (yesterday) discovered the chocolatier Dylan's Candy Bar, who both makes their own confections and sells candy in bulk or singly made by others. It didn't take me long (I typed "caramel" into their search function which adorably asks "what are you craving?") to find these babies. Chocolate covered caramel toffees with salt on top. Oh my god. These would be the end of my teeth, but I'd be so happy it might be worth the dentist trip. Of course they also have salted caramels, and at a decent price too.

Hmmm, I foresee a boatload of caramels in my future, and a trip to the dentist!

No comments:

Post a Comment