Monday, November 5, 2012

And the wind was blowing...

Last Monday I predicted that the Hurricane would be no big thing, and at my house it wasn't (though I did get to leave work early because they shut down public transit). But overall I was clearly wrong. Hurricane Sandy was a very big thing and still is and I hope you are able to take 5 minutes and $10 and make a donation to the Red Cross. (There has been some talk that there are better options, but the President said to donate to the Red Cross, so that's where I'll be donating).

My heart goes out to those who have lost everything, something, anything.

And I hope that even in the aftermath of devastation like New York and New Jersey are currently facing, those of us who are not dealing with the wreckage of our homes and communities will take the opportunity to make an emergency bag, or buy flood insurance, or not think its a waste of money for the local transit authority to put in better drainage.

No comments:

Post a Comment