Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sweet and Savory Spatulas

Silicone spatulas are the best.

This is not up for discussion. But what can be annoying about them is the retention of smells. The rubber might retain the smell of peppers and onions and that can be pretty darn gross when you're frosting a cake.

Knowledge taught me a genius way to get around that problem. Label your spatulas "Sweet" and "Savory". Just take a sharpie and write it on there. I also went a step further and color coordinated my spatulas, the blue are sweet and the green are savory. No more licking cake batter off a spatula and tasting onions :)

Of course if your kitchen isn't color coordinated like mine is, you can always go with white. I like the Le Creuset Spatula, but I do have some from William Sonoma as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment