This is what I have made every other weekend since moving into our new apartment:
Then we eat leftovers for a few days. It works out pretty well.
How to make this chicken:
1) Buy a chicken, take out the innards.
2) Preheat the oven to 425.
3) Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towels, rub with salt and pepper to taste (for me sometimes that means none)
4) Dot the pan with 1/4 inch cubes of butter (yes sorry not kosher, but you can always use oil!)
5) Take a lemon, cut it in half, put half in the bird, slice the other half and put around bird.
6) Take an onion, cut it in half, put half in the bird, slice the other half and put around bird.
7) Take more a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and put one in the bird, a couple behind its knees and rip one up around the bird.
8) Put bird in pan breast down. Cook 20 minutes at 425.
9) Then reduce heat to 325. Cook 10 more minutes.
10) Flip bird (I use two forks one in each end to do this, and I have NEVER dropped the bird) and cook breast side up until thermometer stuck in thick part of meat reads 160. (This part depends on your size of bird, this sunday it took 40 minutes).
Voila! You have a delicious chicken. And many meals.
(all pictures and recipes in this post are mine)