Thursday, April 12, 2012

Book Review: Almost French

Before I get to the mattress shopping or the spare room, let me tell you about this book I read: Almost French by Sarah Turnbull.  Its really good! Believe the hype! I had put off reading it for a while despite the lingering feeling I would enjoy it because of a love of French, Paris, Love and ya know stories.

The basic premise is woman meets Frenchman, moves to France, feels out of place, figures it out eventually, and discusses the differences between French and Australian manners and culture along the way.

If you studied French in junior high, had a boyfriend when you studied abroad and had mad fantasies of leaving your homeland behind, or simply like stories about awkward dinner parties. This book is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment