Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gingerbread for Cousins

I have nine cousins and I'm too poor to get them all big gifts, but to show them I love them I give them boxes of gingerbread cookies for Christmas. 
I just made cookies for half my cousins, and now I'm nursing a burnt finger....
Do you have a cookie you make a lot of this time of year?

My Gingerbread Cookie Recipe:
1.
1 cup molassas
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
4 tsp ginger
4 tsp cinnamon
2.
3/4 tbsp baking powder
3.
1 cup butter
4.
2 eggs
6 cups flour
Preheat Oven to 325. Put 1 in a double boiler, stirring until sugar is melted. Add 2. Stir until it bubbles. Add to 3 in bowl. Mix and let cool to body temp before adding eggs. Add eggs and flour alternating while mixing. Roll out dough on heavily floured surface. Cut out cookies, reform into ball, cut out cookies, continue until all dough is used. Bake on parchment lined baking sheets for 15-20 minutes (depends on stove and thickness of cookie, mine are usually about 17 min) until firm to the touch. Let cool on pans or on rack.

They're easy and delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say from experience that these Gingerbread Cookies are amazingly delicious! You should all go make them now!

    ReplyDelete