Monday, September 26, 2011

Book Review: Night Circus

Sorry about the lack of posting last week, part of it was the internet being bad at my parents house, part of it was a lack of anything to say. But now I'm back with plenty to ramble on about!
Last week I read a book I'm not even going to bother reviewing I felt so meh about. I got through it though and read The Night Circus. Which was excellent.

The Night Circus is not about vampires or werewolves, but there is magic. Lots of magic. The book might actually be just about magic. Or maybe its about love. Are they the same thing? Is the book about whether love and magic are the same thing? Maybe, or maybe its just a really good story about a circus that only takes place at night.

Anyway I really enjoyed this book, although I didn't know what to expect at first and was actually fairly befuddled by how the plot was playing out. But not befuddled in a bad way, just in a "how meta is this book trying to be?' sort of way. This is partially because the book jumps around time wise, but there are dates at the tops of chapters, so that helps.

Other than that I'm not really sure what to say about this book. Its excellent. There is magic. And love. And death. And kittens. And fire. And ice. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment