Thursday, September 15, 2011

Book Review: French Milk


I greatly enjoyed French Milk. Possibly because I read it right after The Elegance of the Hedgehog and it was like a fresh breath of air in comparison. Possibly because it is adorable, funny, well written and drawn, and I like Paris.

French Milk is not a comic, or a graphic novel, its more of a cartoon diary. Its about a young woman's month long vacation in Paris with her mom before her last semester of college. It really encapsulates a lot of feelings of ennui about the future, tension and stress about not having a job, and being in an odd transition place between adolescence and adulthood.  I could really relate to these feelings even though I'm older, because I am living in my parents house after living on my own for three years during law school.

Its a really quick read, since its a cartoon. But its really fun, you could probably read this instead of watching a movie after work, its quite quick. I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment