Friday, August 5, 2011

Meet the Parents, Part 2

Ok, so I need to come up with a better title for this series of posts, because I've already met Tallman's parents. Maybe "My Labor Day Beach Trip"? But that doesn't seem to convey that its with Tallman's family. Or "Labor Day with the Talls"? No, not all of his family are tall. Hmmmm, how about "Northern Girl goes to the Southern Beach" Oh I like that. That is what we're calling these posts.
Ahem...
Northern Girl's Southern Beach Trip
I changed the name a little, but I like this. Anywhoo. This Labor day weekend I'm going down to North Carolina to visit Tallman's family again. This time I hope for better weather, and less awkwardness on my part. Neither should be hard (I set the bar pretty low for awkwardness, I told them that my parent's hobby was farm yard animals*... sigh... so awkward). 

I have little to do to prepare for this trip, I have clothes, bathing suits, etc. But I need to bring a hostess gift and think of a meal to make while down there (though this is partially/mostly up to Tallman). Last time I think my hostess gift went over well. But this time I'd like to bring them things from New England. Usually they visit Tallman up here once a year, but this year they aren't coming up at all. So I thought it would be a nice gift to bring some New England to them. 

So far my brainstorm includes: maple syrup, some kind of lobster toy for Tallman's nephew who will be 21 months, and that's as far as I got.

Any ideas? Have you been to New England and know of something you wish you'd brought home? As someone from here, I'm not sure what is stereotypically New England-y, I need your help!

*Let us note, my parents do like farm yard animals, as do I. But this is not a hobby. For anyone. I don't know why I said this. Hopefully this will become a family joke we will all laugh about in the future, oh god I so hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment