Friday, August 26, 2011

Job Search Update

Ladies and Gentlemen, I feel discouraged. I still do not have a job, despite applying to at least 5 a week. Not only do I not have a job, but I do not even hear back from the places I apply, which is very discouraging.
I understand that there are lots of unemployed lawyers, and limited available opportunities, so they must be flooded. But not hearing back from anyone starts making me a little paranoid. Is there a glaring mistake on my resume that automatically takes me out of the running? Is it the school I went to? The fact I was never on a journal? Do I have too much experience with research and not enough in law firms? Are the places I'm applying being flooded with applications and they're never even seeing mine?

Paranoia is good for no one, and I'm trying to keep mine in control. I started volunteering this week, and I keep reminding myself that I'm still not a licensed attorney so it would be premature to hire me as one.
But I'd like to be earning money, sooner rather than later. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment