Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baking with Oreos

This weekend I'm going to a very very mini college reunion and I have been put in charge of dessert. I jokingly told the host that I'd bring a bowl of sugar. What I'm considering bringing really isn't too different, calorie wise.
I feel like, at least in my part of the blogosphere, there has been a lot going on with oreos and incorporating oreos into baked goods. Tallman made oreo chocolate chip cookies for the superbowl and we agreed that they're amazing, but really best fresh out of the oven, so that the oreo is all gooey inside. But I thought I'd gather some of the oreo based recipes I'm hoping to try, if not this weekend then soon.
(Full disclosure, Tallman loves oreos, they are the one item of food he is guarenteed to have in his apartment, and always picks more up when he goes to the store, so maybe thats why I have oreos on the brain.)
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie
First: The Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie
Basically: make chocolate chip cookie batter as usual, add a cup more flour. Preheat oven to 350, mold cookie dough around oreo, put on cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes.





Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Second: Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Based on the picture, its in a mini muffin tin, based on the recipe its standard muffin tin. I'm more inclined to use the mini muffin tin so they're more manageable.  Also, might use the double stuffed oreos. The recipe for this one is basically put oreo in cupcake liner in muffin tin, pour cheesecake over it, bake.


Oreo Balls
Third: Oreo Balls.
This is definitely a winter one, because all it is is crushed up oreos with some cream cheese rolled into balls and then dipped in chocolate. This is a treat that I'm definitely going to try come winter! Right now I'm pretty sure they'd melt and become and ever loving mess.

Triple Layer Cookies and Cream Crunch Bars

Fourth: Triple Layer Cookies and Cream Crunch Bars.
Ohmygoooooooooood! Layer brownies with oreos submerged in them, bake. Then crumble oreos and put them on top, then cover with melted chocolate and peanut butter chips. Ta Da! You've created the chocolatelyest treat in the world. My teeth hurt thinking of it, but I want to try it so badly!

Fifth (and Final before we go into a collective blogger chocolate coma): Oreo Cheese Cake Bars
No picture. Sorry. Its basically oreo crust in a square pan, then cheesecake with chopped up oreos in it. Baked, then eaten with gluttony.

Well I hope you enjoyed this tour around the oreo baking world. I know I enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment