Friday, May 27, 2011

Movie Review: No Strings Attached

In addition to reading, I've also been trying to get the most out of my Netflix account this week. (I'm paid up through mid June, so I want to use it). First I finished all of Veronica Mars. Which I just plain enjoy. I wish she would get over her trust issues and Logan would stop being such a mess and they'd just be together. They could really benefit from some couples counseling, or perhaps just counseling, for both of them, separately. Clearly I got invested in that show, ANYWAY....

The other night I watched No Strings Attached, with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. I love Natalie Portman. Ashton Kutcher is delicious eye candy and adorable in his bumbling romantic hero way.
Basically the movie was what you expect. Guy and girl have sex, guy falls in love with girl, girl flips out because she is emotionally damaged, girl realizes her mistake, happiness all around. And lets be real: I like romantic comedies. Love them, really. Also, I have fairly bad taste in movies. There, its out there. We're clear.
But it is undeniable, that this movie made me laugh out loud. Something that rarely happens with film or television. I can watch all of SNL and only smile (that might just be SNL though).

Point: if you're in a chick flick romantic comedy mood, this one is a good choice.
Although I will mention that it was mildly crude. Not that a person in their mid-20's would mind, or was unrealistic, in fact I thought it was realistically crude, if that makes any sense. But I wouldn't watch it with my parents, my children, or anyone related to me, or older or younger than me by 5 years. Just giving you fair warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment