Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I lurv google

I love google for many reasons, this blog, gmail, free stickers, maps, reader, etc, etc, etc.

But one of my favorite things about google is its search suggestions. You start typing something in the search line and it pops up suggestions. I don't know if it is based on what other people are asking, common searches, or my search preferences, but they're usually HILARIOUS.

Currently I'm searching for the type of blender my parents have (yes I could just ask, or remember, or go look, but shutup) and so I typed in "really powerful" the suggestions for what I might want were: quotes, songs, lasers, airsoft guns, love quotes, magnets, bible verses, music, laptops.
Clearly there is a pattern of looking for using the word powerful to mean moving (quotes, songs, love quotes, bible verses), or possibly teenage boys trying to be destructive (lasers, airsoft guns, magnets).

Simple question words are the best. I just typed in "why " (the space after the word can be important) and got: is the sky blue, do men cheat, is the ocean salty, is a raven like a writing desk, do cats purr, is my poop green, men cheat, am I so tired, do we dream, lyrics.

Maybe I'm the only one who finds this abundantly hilarious. But really? Men cheating is on their twice? And why is a raven like a writing desk Alice? Also, I know why I'm tired, it was the seder last night and the staying up until 1am talking about I don't even know what with my parents and Tallman.

No comments:

Post a Comment