Thursday, July 5, 2012

Festive Cupcakes

I tried to make festive cupcakes for the fourth of July... Tallman was having a hard week at work. We'd canceled fun plans because I am sick. And I figured we needed something fun to celebrate the Independence of America with... obviously cupcakes were the answer :)

I made regular cupcakes and separated the batter in half and dyed one half red and the other blue. Then put the red in the fridge for a little bit so it would stay at the bottom (is that a thing? I just made it up, and it only kinda worked).

The red layer, despite having half a bottle of dye in it, turned out electric hot pink, and the layers didn't quite stay apart.

I think Tallman said it best "Doesn't quite say 'F**k yeah America' it looks more like a psychedelic baby shower cupcake".

But in this photo it looks pretty red.

F**k Yeah America.

Cupcakes are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment