Monday, April 23, 2012

Keratin Treatment Review

I know I've mentioned Keratin Treatments here before... possibly before my first one back in November.
When I had my first one I didn't know what to expect. Would it be as good as the before and after pictures promised?
Axis Studio
Yes. Yes it is. The picture above is a basically what my hair would look like before Keratin if I tried to blow dry it, and then the after is what it looks like when I blow dry it after getting Keratin. Seriously the difference is HUGE, and more than that it takes so much less time to get my hair from completely wet to completely dry. It is the difference between spending an hour blow drying and still having my hair be a little damp versus spending 20 minutes and having it be straight and frizz free and dry.

Tell me that isn't awesome.

Of course such awesomeness does come at a price... obviously its expensive. In the salon it costs $400 plus tip plus shampoo. Which is why the two times now I've had it done I've used groupons (or similar couponing deals). They make it less expensive, but the one I had on Friday set me back $230. OUCH.

Also I have to admit it is highly addictive. Once my hair started to be frizzy and be difficult to dry and straighten I needed my Keratin fix! Luckily it was 6 months later. (they say they last 3-6 months, and I use Keratin shampoo and don't dye my hair or perm it so that makes it last longer too)

It will be interesting to see how long this one lasts, chlorine and salt water aren't good for the longevity of the Keratin treatment and I am a big fan of swimming.

Have any of you had Keratin treatments? Did you love them? Did they last? Did you immediately go get another when your hair started to frizz?

No comments:

Post a Comment